Douglas Dolfins Swim Team
Q: WHAT DOES YOUR SUPPORT OF DDST ACCOMPLISH?
A: Thanks to the help of generous sponsors like you, the Douglas Dolfins Swim Team had a very successful 2012-2013 season. Among our many activities we:
- Directly involved about 130 youth ages 5-19 – some via scholarships – in Carson Valley’s only nationally-accredited USA Swimming program.
- Imparted life-long skills and benefits to all participants such as fitness, sportsmanship, water safety, teamwork, time management, physical and mental discipline, scholarship, and competitive swimming techniques.
- Hosted three large 3-day swim meets and several smaller competitions, bringing about 1000 competitive swimmers and their families to our community from all over northern Nevada and California.
- Brought 36 Dolfins athletes to Nevada State Swimming Championships, with one Dolfin taking 5 individual State titles, and 19 top-8 finishes among 8 athletes.
- Took 10 Dolfins athletes to Pacific Zone All-stars, 7 to Junior Olympic Championships, 4 to Far Western Championships, 8 to Husky Invitational Senior Championships, 4 to Pacific Swimming Senior Championships, and 1 to CA-NV Sectional Championships -- among several additional qualifiers.
- Ten individual and 16 additional relay swimmers broke Carson Valley swimming records 99 times in various age-groups and events, some going back at least 17 years. Of 379 possible records, 67 (18%) are now from the 2012-2013 season.
- Two individual and four relay swimmers clocked multiple top-10 Pacific Swimming performances for their ages (some as high as top 3), and one overall top-25 Senior performance (a Dolfins first), among over 20,000 Pacific Swimming athletes.
- Two Dolfins qualified for and competed at short-course Junior National Championships (a Dolfins first), and one Dolfin was accepted to the USA Swimming Scholastic All-American Team.
- Dolfins athletes helped the 2013 (update: and 2014!) Douglas High School Tigers swimming & diving team to another Northern Nevada Regional Championship title and undefeated season, with 3 Regional Champions in 6 events, and one State Champion.
- Two Dolfins athletes were selected to compete at the North American Challenge Cup Championship in Washington, and brought home individual and relay gold.
- Positioned some of our top graduating Seniors for college scholarship support.
Please help us to continue, and build upon, these successes for the youth of our community in 2014-2015! Thank you for your support.